The BTCE Mixed Skills Exam (MSE)
MSEThe internationally recognised BTCE Mixed Skills Exam is taken by English language learners throughout Europe and Asia. The MSE is suitable for all learners including school, college & university students and tests CEFR levels from A1 to C2. The MSE consists of four main sections which cover speaking, listening, reading & writing at all levels.
What to expect
The mixed skills exam is usually held over the course of a day, two sections are held in the morning and the remaining two are held in the afternoon. You will receive your examination time via email and post at least 14 days before your chosen date.
Main points of the MSE:
- Speaking: 2 sections 12-15 minutes total
- Listening: 5 sections, 40 questions 40 minutes
- Reading: 3 sections, 40 questions 60 minutes
- Writing: 2 sections 60 minutes
- Covers all six CEFR levels (A1-C2)
- Suitable for all learners